2/22/2013 4:27 PM
- At the end of 2012, NABI was home to 60 small businesses and 3 not-for-profit organizations. Together they represent over 200 employees with an annual payroll of $15M. In addition to the in-house tenant base, NABI serves approximately 30 “virtual” clients and counsels an additional 150 start-ups and those “thinking” about starting a business.
- In 2012, 15 businesses graduated from NABI; 6 of these relocated within St. Albert.
- In 2012 NABI’s small businesses had total annual sales of $80M.
- NABI has an annual operating budget of just over $1M ($1,016,049 for 2012). In 2012, 90% of this budget was supported from internal operations; 9% came from the Province of Alberta ($90,000) and 1% from the City of St. Albert ($10,000).
- In 2012 NABI paid $71,000 in property taxes and collectively, NABI and its tenants paid about $10,000 in business license fees.
- NABI serves a mix of start-up, growth and mature companies. NABI’s clients spend an average of 4.5 years at the incubator.
- In 23 years NABI has graduated over 130 companies; about 2/3 of these remain in business in St. Albert.
- For every dollar invested by the City of St. Albert from 2000 through 2012, NABI returned $10.17 to the local economy.
- For a total City investment of $4.2M ($1.7M cash + $2.5M in-kind); a total benefit of $42.7M was achieved [NABI estimate February 2013].
“NABI tenants overwhelmingly like being in our buildings. They value the services provided by NABI, the sense of community provided by NABI neighbors, the social interactions provided by NABI events, and the accessibility to coaches and other entrepreneurs when they need help.” - 2012 NABI Client Census
Copyright ©2013 SuperUser
1 comment(s) so far...
By Joe Becigneul on
4/2/2013 11:44 AM
Re: The numbers are in! NABI's 2012 Economic Impact
The NABI Economic Impact on the local economy is one of the best kept secrets out there. We need to "Trumpet" these numbers to the St. Albert Community. How many other entrepreneurs are out there in the community that don't even know this type of assistance is available to them? They need to know NABI is here to help them as they pursue their dream or develop an idea they have.